Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Still Ill wrote:
Pashernate_Lover wrote:I got given the much requested OK to start ditching the wheelchair and replace it with crutches-- they were amazed that bones cold heal this fast, but I love milk so it was no real surprise to me-- give it a month and they are letting me try to walk again-- woot! ...damn wheelchair...

Hey Pashy, the rate of your recovery is just amazing, given that it's been just a couple of months since your accident and that I only recently read about it. It sounds like you're able to get around. I somehow pictured you laid up in bed!

Two months tomorrow- I broke most every bone and the only 5 left to heal completely are 4 spine chunks and the rest of my left femur-- pretty good I say! :) I try not to spend so much time laying around in bed... you know, usual Pash activity :). Soon I am looking for daily internet fun, then THAT is more Pashy :-P!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:35 am

Hey Pash, reading all this make me so happy. You are a champion, my dear. What about the pain?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Truman Capote wrote:Hey Pash, reading all this make me so happy. You are a champion, my dear. What about the pain?

Heh, well, I'm straight edge so I have to be *pretty* bad to take a pain pill- in fact I am 5 days from 1 month of no pills which seems like a good choice (also the pills taste horrible and are easy to choke on). Also, I got an ok to swim now so life is pretty damn swell in comparison to what it was a week ago :)Thanks for the <3 everyone, I adore you all :D
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Swimming sounds fun, dear, at least for you. I can't swim, I have this kind of phobia, just can't do it, I freak out and drown like a rock. :D But that's me. I hope you are feeling better without the pills but if the pain's back just take them, my darling, don't torture yourself in the name of straight edgeism. We adore you too, we care about you.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:52 pm

I got a really sweet package yesterday from some very caring, very far away friends. Thanks guys, it means a lot :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 am

:)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nymphetamine » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:12 am

Some really good happened to me yesterday and week ago this very day. A lovely woman confirmed her interest in me last week and then we had our first "date" yesterday and all went swimmingly well. :D
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby helmoz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 pm

hello everyone! *waves wildly*
i've hardly been on strangeways lately... i'm so sorry! i've been really busy and i've got so many things to tell you lot about! i always like popping onto this thread, it's so cheerful :D
i'm also sorry that i didn't get round to sending pash a parcel - if it's not too late, i'd like to send something :oops:

my graduation ceremony was nice - really emotional though, and my mortar board fell off onstage! i got a 2:2 (narrowly missed out on a 2:1) and i can now put LLB (Hons) after my name if i want to :D
i started my new job as a trainee accountant at this local accountancy firm just under a month ago and i love it! accountancy used to be my second choice after law, but after a bit i really got into accountancy as well, and there is some overlap between the two anyway.
nerdy as it may sound, i actually love going to work: i'm getting outside and actively doing something, i get training and experience, and (possibly best of all) i get on really well with my colleagues (there are loads of other young people and trainees, and lots of people who are young-at-heart... it's not stuffy and formal like some firms... oh and some of my colleagues are smoking hot as well ;)). i'm getting paid tomorrow and then hitting town with the other trainees... should be fun! :mrgreen:
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 am

Hey, Helen, you sound so happy with your life as it is right now, let the high waves carry you even higher! :D
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:52 am

helmoz wrote:hello everyone! *waves wildly*
i've hardly been on strangeways lately... i'm so sorry! i've been really busy and i've got so many things to tell you lot about! i always like popping onto this thread, it's so cheerful :D
i'm also sorry that i didn't get round to sending pash a parcel - if it's not too late, i'd like to send something :oops:

my graduation ceremony was nice - really emotional though, and my mortar board fell off onstage! i got a 2:2 (narrowly missed out on a 2:1) and i can now put LLB (Hons) after my name if i want to :D
i started my new job as a trainee accountant at this local accountancy firm just under a month ago and i love it! accountancy used to be my second choice after law, but after a bit i really got into accountancy as well, and there is some overlap between the two anyway.
nerdy as it may sound, i actually love going to work: i'm getting outside and actively doing something, i get training and experience, and (possibly best of all) i get on really well with my colleagues (there are loads of other young people and trainees, and lots of people who are young-at-heart... it's not stuffy and formal like some firms... oh and some of my colleagues are smoking hot as well ;)). i'm getting paid tomorrow and then hitting town with the other trainees... should be fun! :mrgreen:

That sounds awesome! And you sound so accomplished-- congrats! Enjoy it, it sounds great :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 am

Wow- something really great happened yesterday! My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 solid years :) Also, I know it was last month but I have been here for (well, I guess more than...by now...) 4 years! Whoo!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 am

Wonderful things to hear Pashy! Congraulations, and a belated Happy Strangeways Birthday to you!

The women's match this past weekend between Wichita and Truman State went very well, I thought. I received some good feedback from the evaluator, especially on my positioning problems, and I felt much more confident than I did during the K-State and Salina match. I posted some pics of me from the match over in "Pictures."

Overall it was, in my opinion, a red-letter rugby day despite all the pressures on me that day, both rugby-related and personal.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:53 pm

I just taught the *coolest* lesson in my high school journalism class- it was so fun! So I was trying to teach how to make sure their leads were not too long, not too short and to do this it was pretty simple- take 2 example leads, one very long one very short, and turn them into a single, useful, solid lead. We made notes about what makes a good lead on the board, what to put in, what to leave out... all that jazz, then every pair got 2 sentences to the same with and share with the class what changes they made and why and then do it to their own writing... it was pretty damn straight forward, except for one thing...

I got to write the example sentences that everyone was working through and all 24 sentences were about STRAIGHT EDGE! It was awesome because it did not glorify or damn the subject, a bit of both to be honest, but all of the students took it really seriously and really engaged and it seemed to be pretty damn relevant to them all. They got really creative with it, and it really helped their writing... but come on, how cool is that??? I got to bring straight edge as in my way of life into the classroom. I couldn't be more proud.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:17 am

Pashy, due to my absence during the dark period emotionally, I did not notice the earlier messages before but... belayed congrats on your 3 years together with your boyfriend. It is great to see romance still existing and people truly being dedicated to each other (even though it sort of contradicts the "lonely celibate Smiths" image :P ). I wish you many more years of happiness together.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:46 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Pashy, due to my absence during the dark period emotionally, I did not notice the earlier messages before but... belayed congrats on your 3 years together with your boyfriend. It is great to see romance still existing and people truly being dedicated to each other (even though it sort of contradicts the "lonely celibate Smiths" image :P ). I wish you many more years of happiness together.

Thanks a ton CP :)! Indeed, I am not lonely, but 2 our of 3 isn't bad :-P. ... yes, that was a TMI moment in fact-- enjoy :lol:
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat