[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - What's your most recent literary purchase?

What's your most recent literary purchase?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby madmancmonkey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:27 am

madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:27 am

I want this book so badly! I found it in Borders for $35 and read the first 70 pages (ie barely started) and it is so amazing!!

A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 pm

Greil Marcus - Lipstick Traces
Jon Savage - England's Dreaming
Legs McNeil - Please Kill Me
Graham Green - The Power And The Glory
Ingeborg Bachmann - Malina
Truman Capote - Other Voices, Other Rooms (as a birthday present for Marlen)
Last edited by yandee on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:34 am

chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:09 am

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:32 pm

James Joyce - Dubliners

I love short stories and these are veeeery good.

I am looking for a book about Truman Capote written by George Plimpton called "Truman Capote: In Which Various Friends, Enemies, Acquaintences and Detractors Recall His Turbulent Career", I can't find it here and I don't have a credit card... I think I will need help from a very good friend from North America, I hate my city when I can't find a book. :(
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 am

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy
and other tales

by Timothy Burton
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:42 am

A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:26 am

tonight i ordered:

The Mentality of Apes
by: Wolfgang Kohler, one of the founding fathers of Gestalt Psychology, a work I've read before but simply must have in my collection because of his description of "proto-religious behaviour" in chimpanzees.

and

Elements Of Folk Psychology - Outline Of A Psychological History Of The Development Of Mankind
by Wilhelm Wundt, the father of modern academic psychology. this is a 19th century book, something i've wanted for over five years now :D

old school, i guess that's the name of the game right now :P
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:21 am

'O Pioneers!' by Willa Cather. Bought it today: beautiful edition, generous price and an amazing read.

Oh and last week my mama gave me a present: Mark Twain's 'A Tramp Abroad'.
Last edited by Truman Capote on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:35 am

Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:16 am

chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:16 pm

There are two film versions of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: a 1916 silent film, and most notably a 1954 Walt Disney production, which is the most well-known adaptation. There are also two TV movie versions produced in the US in the late 90s.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby yandee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm still intensifying my love affair with Paul Celan...

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat