Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:52 pm

Beautiful pictures everyone... i need a holiday! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Anyway, this is my sweet little city of Perth, Western Australia
A considered small city where, if you dig hard enough, everyone really does know everyone else. Perth also has great beaches and summers that reach 40C..such as yesterday <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

And if you want to see a kangaroo, go to the zoo or a wildlife park

Also, a fact as a biol student, the south-west of australia has the highest know number of endemic species and is a biodiversity hotspot <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-some_dizzy_whore_1804+Feb 22 2006, 05:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (some_dizzy_whore_1804 @ Feb 22 2006, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Beautiful pictures everyone... i need a holiday! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Anyway, this is my sweet little city of Perth, Western Australia
A considered small city where, if you dig hard enough, everyone really does know everyone else. Perth also has great beaches and summers that reach 40C..such as yesterday <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

And if you want to see a kangaroo, go to the zoo or a wildlife park

Also, a fact as a biol student, the south-west of australia has the highest know number of endemic species and is a biodiversity hotspot <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey, that's where i'm from. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

Nick Sheppard of The Clash fame lives here now. I went into his clothes store in Leederville hoping to see him. Alas, i didn't.

It's rather warm here in Perth, our summer started only like a month ago and now we're having summer in autumn. <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:45 am

This is my favourite beach.

<a href='http://www.richardandjo.com/images/cottesloe.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.richardandjo.com/images/cottesloe.jpg</a>

and this is Perth at night....

<a href='http://theducks.org/pictures/perth-night.jpg' target='_blank'>http://theducks.org/pictures/perth-night.jpg</a>

<!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby madmancmonkey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:28 am

Looks a super city sis, I, as some may now, am bestowed with the utter fortune of living in Manchester (but I will soon depart this city, the skyscrapers waving me goodbye) <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->. Trust me when your walking along the quays for example the Smiths songs automatically leap into your head ... see not much has changed since the eighties in some parts which is great.
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin-sweetandtenderhooligan+Mar 16 2006, 11:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sweetandtenderhooligan @ Mar 16 2006, 11:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Looks a super city sis, I, as some may now, am bestowed with the utter fortune of living in Manchester (but I will soon depart this city, the skyscrapers waving me goodbye) <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->. Trust me when your walking along the quays for example the Smiths songs automatically leap into your head ... see not much has changed since the eighties in some parts which is great. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
It is a very nice city.

I've always wanted to go to Manchester - just because of The Smiths - it's not as dreary as some may have it is it?
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-some_dizzy_whore_1804+Feb 22 2006, 05:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (some_dizzy_whore_1804 @ Feb 22 2006, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Anyway, this is my sweet little city of Perth, Western Australia

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I couldn't even imagine living in a place like that! it looks too perfect and clean *sighh*

i've never found manchester that bad in the 3 times i've been there, but it was a bit grey. like liverpool.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:34 pm

that black thing on the right is hilbre island. and you can walk to it. and then get trapped when the tide comes in *fear*
I couldn't find any pictures of my town but that's about 2 minutes from my house :] i wish i lived there.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Shakespeare's Sister+Mar 16 2006, 06:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespeare's Sister @ Mar 16 2006, 06:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Nick Sheppard of The Clash fame lives here now. I went into his clothes store in Leederville hoping to see him. Alas, i didn't.

It's rather warm here in Perth, our summer started only like a month ago and now we're having summer in autumn. <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hah awesome! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

Which shop does Nick Sheppard own? Not that i'm too familiar with Leederville... I'm a Karrinyup girl.

Cottesloe beach is beautiful, haven't been there for ages though.

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Chorlton_Ruffian » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Shakespeare's Sister+Mar 16 2006, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespeare's Sister @ Mar 16 2006, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've always wanted to go to Manchester - just because of The Smiths - it's not as dreary as some may have it is it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, it's more dreary! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo-->
<div align="center">Image</div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chorlton_Ruffian
Supreme

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:29 am

some_dizzy_whore_1804 wrote:Hah awesome! :D

Which shop does Nick Sheppard own? Not that i'm too familiar with Leederville... I'm a Karrinyup girl.

Cottesloe beach is beautiful, haven't been there for ages though.

The store is Yo-Yo Buffalo in Oxford St. It's a great store, not very big though.

I live in Wembley so it's only like a 5 min drive away.
Last edited by Shakespeare's Sister on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:19 pm

I am from Belgium originally, from the medieval city of Ghent:

But for almost a year, I am based in Belfast, capital of Northern Ireland.

I live in the city centre, a stonethrow from the University (which is the second picture)

The city where I hope to move to, is Tromsø in Norway. Trying hard to get a job there, which unfortunately is not easy in this part of Norway...
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby stanyewest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:59 pm

I live in Winsford, Cheshire, it's shit.
most people gaze not into the future or the past;they explore neither truth nor lies. they gaze at the TV.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:09 pm

Oh, such gorgeous sights, Cracked Pleasures , I know Belguim is a beautiful country.

And this is a glimpse at my alma matter - The University of Sofia:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:30 am

Ghent. My new dream city.
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:22 pm

Are you that impressed really? Well, I guess it really is an idyllic place, but after growing up in the place I got a bit used to it... Now that I'm out of Belgium I do realise that it is a great country (although I must say that I have a pessimistic view on Belgian society -- it'd be heaven on earth if you'd take away its people and just leave the cities !)

But, erspecially for you, some more pictures from Ghent:

Ghent was built during the early medieval era and is on the crossroads of two main rivers. It's called the "city on water" because of the many canals.

It's a good place to be, but for now: just let me travel. I can always return once I've seen the rest of the world. Too many nice places out there to discover first!
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat