Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby chicken » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Do you have some kind of fixation on driving across bridges, by the way? 

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

bridges like the one in your picture, yes.
there are very few bridges here in kansas, and none of any significant length.

exciting thing from yesterday: bought new trousers for work.
depressing thing from yesterday: had to buy them in a 32" waist instead of my normal 30" waist <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> hhhmmm....perhaps i should switch to lite beer?
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:13 pm

Oh, I'm sorry for your lack of bridges there. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

Well, you're still quite slim, aren't you? I don't remember ever having tasted light beer. *doubts if it's drinkable*
Last edited by Mozzerella on Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:14 am

Where to start. Those are some amazing photos, Finland, Bulgaria, even the 'rows of terraced houses that could easily be confused with anywhere else in the UK', that for some reason I always found appealing <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> Tallulah, I love the picture of the pier, clouds and all!
This is an overview of the city of San Diego (the largest southernmost city in California) and on a smogless day (must've been winter after the rains!). The mountains and beach can be reached in an hour's time, which is the beauty of living here. Unfortunately I'm not that close to the beach, but a short 10 min drive from lovely (hear the sarcasm) suburbia. And we too have an old ship, the Star of India - the oldest ship in the world still in operation. I love the colored houses of Bristol- wish our town was smaller and more eclectic that way. Great thread!
Last edited by Still Ill on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:22 am

Oh, the Star of India: <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

Chicken, Kansas as I envisioned, including the familiar roadway signage!
I learned a lot of geography tonight. Banbury and Guilford, and ah! England has theme parks (but of course!). Still, it ruined the romantic notion of England I always had!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:07 am

Wow, what beauty! I am so fond of ships, I used to collect postcards with ships - and this is the kind I like the most. It's wonderful this one is still sailing!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:10 am

Hey!
I like anything seaside. They sure don't make ships like that anymore. I used to collect lighthouses. Great thread, eh?
Good night. This time's for good! *rubs eyes* Hope you're able to rest when you sleep, ruby.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:46 am

Well at least youve lost your romantic view of the UK now Still Ill, just in case you visit.
I hate to sound like someone from The Sun, but Britain really is in quite a state at the moment.
anyways...
San Diego looks really beautiful in that picture.
I dont have all that many pictures of my home town, but this is quite a nice picture, and it was taken in a place I spend a lot of time at so whatever
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:51 am

and also...
Jane Austen's house, the one thing that distinguishes my town from anywhere else really.
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am

This is another lovely pic - with the sun between the trees, simply beautiful! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
A great thread indeed - we have to thank Mozzerella for it! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:18 pm

Great pics, guys! I started the thread, yes, but it was chicken who first had the idea of posting pictures. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-The Boy with a thorn in his side+Aug 4 2005, 09:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Boy with a thorn in his side @ Aug 4 2005, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well at least youve lost your romantic view of the UK now Still Ill, just in case you visit.
I hate to sound like someone from The Sun, but Britain really is in quite a state at the moment.
anyways...
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes Britian is in a state. Madonna's made a nice little niche for herself out there for Christ's sake!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hate to sound like someone from The Sun, but Britain really is in quite a state at the moment.
anyways...
San Diego looks really beautiful in that picture.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
thorny boy: in a state how? 'fraid you lost me on that.
and san diego is a great place, my eldest brother was stationed there while in the navy. we went to visit him when i was perhaps 15. he was on a battleship--the cannons on that beast were astounding.

i'm glad people seem to be enjoying pictures. that's one thing i do as a professor: scour the interweb for pictures to illustrate points.
example: first google hit for "illustrate"
isn't that a cool picture? i'd love to draw as such.

storms around my town (which has a population of ~50,000 people):

oh yes, how can i forget. my place of work was 'home base' for this:
that's the "global flyer" of virgin records. their slogan: "one man, one plane, one world" some guy flew a plane around the world without refueling or stopping. world record. pretty neato stuff actually.

last one. this is perfect, it is one of the reasons i absolutely love the midwest of america (other than the people): it is abundant. one farmer here feeds (statistically) over 200 people.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:02 am

Well what with all of the terrorism, recent tornadoes, the young man murdered with an axe simply for being black and just the general scum that roam the streets here. This terrorism has made street crime worse I'm afraid, since the Met. police are all guarding train stations robbing a bank must be significantly easier for example. It could be worse though, in Nigeria the police hire their guns out to local gangs, now THAT is sketchy.
Ahhh now I seem like a doom monger, never mind.
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:04 am

By the way, excellent photos chicken, especially that field at the end, looks almost trippy.
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:28 am

the wirral! by liverpool! and i take pride in that because moz sings about a tattooed boy from birkenhead does he not, and i have been going there for years <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> so that's the wirral's sort of...claim to smiths fame?

oh dear.

well maybe i'll get some pictures. it's like liverpool in that we all sounds like scalls, only we're slightly richer and nicer...except for rock ferry. that's the station we travel past where they all come on with their bikes and smoke fags in your face, or give you the finger through the window...

but still! it's a nice place, if a little lacking in things to do, but there's plenty of grass...
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat