Meet-ups

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri May 05, 2006 9:21 pm

who are you asking?

me?

i think i would recognise your face.

this is wrong! guy's keep planning their outfits...that should be my job. i'm always paranoid about what i'm wearing.

peace out...till TOMORROW.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri May 05, 2006 9:46 pm

I think I shall try not to plan my outfit. I shall try and be as inconspicious as possible.

Hopefully Matt will recognise me. Perhaps the others will recognise my aura.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri May 05, 2006 10:46 pm

elko wrote:I think I shall try not to plan my outfit. I shall try and be as inconspicious as possible.

I WILL recognise you, and if you read this the password is: strangeways
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat May 06, 2006 12:03 am

ive pretty much decided what i'll wear, except for jacket/coat. i was thinking about wearing my tweedy indie jacket except its not waterproof and its forecast to rain, so now ive got to choose between 2 waterproofs - the fake leather jacket or the long spring coat... hmmm...
god, in 4 hours i'll be at exeter airport! cant believe it. still cant believe im gonna see morrissey! ive waited so long!
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat May 06, 2006 12:16 am

helmoz wrote:ive pretty much decided what i'll wear, except for jacket/coat. i was thinking about wearing my tweedy indie jacket except its not waterproof and its forecast to rain, so now ive got to choose between 2 waterproofs - the fake leather jacket or the long spring coat... hmmm...
god, in 4 hours i'll be at exeter airport! cant believe it. still cant believe im gonna see morrissey! ive waited so long!

Have a nice trip Helen! Looking forward to meeting you.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat May 06, 2006 12:27 am

Miserable Liar wrote:<!--quoteo(post=26456:date=May 6 2006, 01:03 AM:name=helmoz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(helmoz @ May 6 2006, 01:03 AM) [snapback]26456[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
ive pretty much decided what i'll wear, except for jacket/coat. i was thinking about wearing my tweedy indie jacket except its not waterproof and its forecast to rain, so now ive got to choose between 2 waterproofs - the fake leather jacket or the long spring coat... hmmm...

Have a nice trip Helen! Looking forward to meeting you.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

looking forward to meeting you too, and everyone else too! im glad im not the only one still awake, i probably ought to get some sleep before i go, but ive been out... ;)
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 am

Miserable Liar wrote:<!--quoteo(post=26450:date=May 5 2006, 10:46 PM:name=elko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elko @ May 5 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]26450[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I think I shall try not to plan my outfit. I shall try and be as inconspicious as possible.

I WILL recognise you, and if you read this the password is: strangeways
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

elko: if i had the right magnetic helmet on, i could spot you in a second.
matt: strangeways.
grim: whoa :ph34r: thou art the mozzing god!!
anne: i think you should sport some serious colour.
helen: safe flight, cry for me when mozzer hits it, and have a blast!!
all else: travel safe, enjoy the show, the rest of us have you in mind.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat May 06, 2006 2:40 am

Oh, I so wish I could meet you, guys!!
But at least I am relying you'll tell it all for us, who cannot make it :)
Cheers.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat May 06, 2006 3:04 am

Have a safe trip everyone, the day is finally here. It dawned on me earlier this week, Strangeways celebrates its 2nd anniversary the 6th I think, so what a perfect time for a meet-up. Have fun! :D
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat May 06, 2006 8:01 am

Still Ill wrote:Have a safe trip everyone, the day is finally here. It dawned on me earlier this week, Strangeways celebrates its 2nd anniversary the 6th I think, so what a perfect time for a meet-up. Have fun! :D

That's spooky, but it could be fate! I now need to write down some directions to the G-Mx so do excuse me.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat May 06, 2006 6:47 pm

i jsut thought i'd say it was pretty AWESOME. we went to the salford club and it was OPEN and there was a BOXING ring and a possibly italian man that looked th absolute spit of morrissey! so me and helen got our photo taken with him.

phwoar... just like morrissey but with a tan. hahaha.

oh but scarily, on my way back home, i got chatted up by a possibly 60 year old man and it was very scary, he actually got off at my stop even though he'd told me he was going somewhere else, and then tried to kiss me! and i was like SHIT and ran down the road away from him. i really hope i never see him again.

but excluding that memory, it was a very cool day, even being nearly run over by trams. i think there ar epossibly more trams than actual humans in manchester.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby This Bird has Flown » Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 am

Ooo Anne, that's sounds really frightening lol, it was fun, haha, no one could play snooker, anyways, I wish I knew where we were going!
This Bird has Flown
Advanced

Postby helmoz » Sun May 07, 2006 6:25 pm

ive just got home (and im going to the cinema with dan (wellyboy) later this evening to see "walk the line", woohoo! only prob is, its gonna be weird with my broken glasses... i thought id have some spares in my room but i cant find them... not even my prescription sunglasses! d'oh! anyway) - wow it was great! im so sorry if i ever came across as weird or anything but i was lacking sleep so i think that affected my senses. moz was great too, he sounded good, the band sounded good, the new album sounds good, and boy did he look good! me and this girl at the show just screamed "oh my god, hes fucking gorgeous!" at each other for the first 5 minutes of the gig :P i think grim was recording it, so i apologise if for the first 5 mins all you hear is us girls screaming hysterically!
anyway... i crowdsurfed right to the front and almost reached him, he was a few feet away from me, but then the security nabbed me and took me away and i went quietly (but not before blowing a kiss to mozzer first!) and put me back in the crowd, and then he threw his shirt into the crowd and i managed to grab hold of it but it didnt rip easily like the one in "live in dallas" (the glittery one that seemed to disintegrate, lol) but i was determined and managed to get a little piece of it! that, plus that bit of paint from salford lads' club's door, will be but the mere start of my vast collection... ;)
if anyone has the pic of me and anne with the morrissey guy, please post it! ^_^ btw hes american, not italian, although his voice did make me think more of the mafia than of the moz. we met him in the star and garter too, and people were hugging him and taking photos of him, and he talked with people (i remember there was a long coversation about football!) and seemed nice. he said that when his kids saw the dvd of "who put the m in manchester?" they were like, "wow, daddy's on the telly!" - isnt that cute? :P
Last edited by helmoz on Sun May 07, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun May 07, 2006 8:41 pm

It was strange I think.

A little bit quiet as well. But nice enough.

Highlight was easily the Mozzer lookalike. Hearing him talking about football was the weirdest thing ever!
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun May 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Saturday was great. Me, Anne and Christina got the coach to Manchester about an hour early (to ensure we got to that blasted G-Mex!). Grim was an excellent real life Moderator shall we say, he took us to the lad's club. He WAS the tour guide (not in that he was the boss, he knew the places we wanted to go), he knew Manchester alot better than we did. Grim's friend (I forget his name sorry) was very cool (and scottish!(which is also cool!)), his dog Fly was too (gave us protection in Salford). Thank you Grim and co.!
Grim took us back into the centre and we parted, we then went to a strange shopping center with a shop in it which can only be descibed as 'kinky' (of course I was the only one who ventured into leatherland).
We entered a cafe after the frustration of walking around for so long, there was a strange toilet incident (long story). On the coach back, Anne tried on my Lennon glasses and I tried on her glasses. Anne looked like a hippy, and I looked like Buddy Holly :P

I loved it, and i'd do it everyweek! If anyone wants to meet up, i'm confident I could get us to the Lads club.

Miserable Liar
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat