Meet-ups

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Sun May 07, 2006 9:02 pm

Grim's friend was called Huw, as I recall, and very nice even after I thought I might have offended him with my 'racism' towards Scots. Grim, get him on here if you can!

Yes Matt, I think I would be happy to do it again sometime, and I can only apologise for however poorly I represented myself. I personally enjoyed today more than yesterday, just cause I could relax a bit more...
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun May 07, 2006 9:48 pm

elko wrote:Grim's friend was called Huw, as I recall, and very nice even after I thought I might have offended him with my 'racism' towards Scots. Grim, get him on here if you can!

Yes Matt, I think I would be happy to do it again sometime, and I can only apologise for however poorly I represented myself. I personally enjoyed today more than yesterday, just cause I could relax a bit more...

I recall no rascism, then again I don't recall much ever. I enjoyed today too :D
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon May 08, 2006 6:51 am

It's been an exciting reading all the build-up before the meet.
Helen, your descriptions of everything--I could almost picture it all. What a great concert experience for you! I'm curioius about this Moz look-alike, an American, too. Hm. That right there takes some of the appeal away. I'm joking!
Ellis, why was the football talk weird? American football, an American talking about soccer? Ah well.
And Anne, what a scary proposition from that creep. Glad you were safe.
I've gathered most of you went your separate ways at some point after the mini-tour?
Oh, so who went to the S&G? Any other Saturday night plans?

Sounds like a good time, from what little I gathered! Come on guys! Well, maybe pictures will tell more. :P

Grim, soon as you're rested from this mini moz tour, you'll have to fill in what gaps you can!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby madmancmonkey » Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 am

there was a few mozza-likes at the gig last night. Some you laugh at though....

Anyway glad all had a good time.... would have came if you would have met up at 2.30... maybe next time?
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon May 08, 2006 3:02 pm

Still Ill wrote:an American talking about soccer?

yeah, I know, it's weird isn't it.

He (Mark, his name was) had a fondness for Joey Barton, as I recall.

SATH, we were around Manchester pretty much all day, but ah well. I'm sure there will be a next time. And if it's Manc again, we definitely need an inhabitant or two to tell us where to go (once Grim left us, I felt like we were almost certainly going to die, if not by double-decker bus, then by tram).
elko
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Mon May 08, 2006 3:06 pm

pictures!

anne with some of her favourite pictures from salford lads' club's smiths room:

more of the smiths room:
Image Image Image <a href="http://www.5images.com" target="_blank">Image</a> <a href="http://www.5images.com" target="_blank">Image</a> <a href="http://www.5images.com" target="_blank">Image</a>

mike joyce:
<a href="http://www.5images.com" target="_blank">Image</a>
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Mon May 08, 2006 3:11 pm

How many days did you spend in Manchester? Yesterday and today? I'm confused. I'm much lazier than Esther and can't be arsed to read the whole thread. Anyway, nice to hear everything went okay. :) (Except for the old man harrassing Anne)

Nice photos! I didn't know there was a Smiths room!
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby This Bird has Flown » Mon May 08, 2006 3:25 pm

What A great Day!
This Bird has Flown
Advanced

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon May 08, 2006 6:09 pm

HAHAHA! i look like an eighty year old rabbit! but fo-war, would you look at all those muscley men hey...

i really am such a gimp.

Huw was well cool! but i thought it was spelt hugh... i have a poor memory. and his dog! ah man that dog was insane.

ellis, you didn't represent yourself poorly don't be silly! was nice to meet you. oh and i agree about the morrissey lookalike. WHOAH he was fit. mirror image except with a better tan.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon May 08, 2006 6:12 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:HAHAHA! i look like an eighty year old rabbit! but fo-war, would you look at all those muscley men hey...

i really am such a gimp.

Huw was well cool! but i thought it was spelt hugh... i have a poor memory. and his dog! ah man that dog was insane.

ellis, you didn't represent yourself poorly don't be silly! was nice to meet you. oh and i agree about the morrissey lookalike. WHOAH he was fit. mirror image except with a better tan.

:lol:

I like the picture behind the drums Anne! 80 year old rabbit? :blink:
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon May 08, 2006 6:38 pm

the first one, yeah!

:lol: those sticks. i could kiss them forever.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon May 08, 2006 6:38 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:the first one, yeah!

:lol: those sticks. i could kiss them forever.

I should've taken them, they were almost in my pocket!
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon May 08, 2006 6:49 pm

Wow,
great photos!! :D

Thanx for posting them,Helen!!:)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon May 08, 2006 7:20 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->oh but scarily, on my way back home, i got chatted up by a possibly 60 year old man and it was very scary, he actually got off at my stop even though he'd told me he was going somewhere else, and then tried to kiss me! and i was like SHIT and ran down the road away from him. i really hope i never see him again. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Phew, Anne - that's awful, such people belong in jail for harrassment, 'cause that's what it is. :angry:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon May 08, 2006 7:23 pm

[quote name='rubygirl' date='May 8 2006, 08:20 PM' post='26634']
oh but scarily, on my way back home, i got chatted up by a possibly 60 year old man and it was very scary, he actually got off at my stop even though he'd told me he was going somewhere else, and then tried to kiss me! and i was like SHIT and ran down the road away from him. i really hope i never see him again.

:blink: Scary i'm sure.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat