Songs You Hate

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby JaneSays » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bref+Dec 15 2005, 08:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bref @ Dec 15 2005, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The only Smiths song I hate is Meat is Murder. We get the message after the first two minutes why doesit go on so long. It makes me want to bite a live pig in the arse just to spite him!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

I agree
JaneSays
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-thischarmingman+Jan 18 2006, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thischarmingman @ Jan 18 2006, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the trouble with meat is murder is he has such strength of conviction about the issue, when it comes on live it's the one moment where if you're a meat eater you don't really feel part of it. That's how I felt the one time I saw Morrissey live. For the rest of the show there's that feeling of amazing togetherness, then that comes on and the meat eaters (most of the audience- even at a moz gig) stare somewhat shiftily at their shoes. Can still apreciate the song though. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, you are definitelly right, anyway, I am a vegetarian so...
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Xuu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:44 am

FUCK YOU ALL

Golden Lights: a cover, who cares?
Death at One's Elbow: enjoyable to me, gay and fun.
Miserable Lie: for the wailing, suck on it!
Hand In Glove: haunting
London: rockingest
Barbarism Begins At Home: highly danceable
Meat is Murder: fair enough...
You've Got Everything Now: "what a terrible mass of my life", who can't relate to that?
Half A Person: "call me morbid, call me pale", i'm Smiths nut, i love it...
The Headmaster's Ritual: la la la la...don't like that?
how soon is now: anthem
well i wonder: so fucking beautiful!
Girlfriend in a Coma: not bad...
There is a Light: take me home tonight...it's not about prostitution! get over it!
Frankly Mr Shankly: makes me laugh
Vicar In A Tutu: it's about fun...
Xuu
Supreme

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:43 pm

I don't really HATE anything, but one or two songs rub me up the wrong way.

Golden Lights.. It just doesn't seem like a Smiths song at all!

I like Meat Is Murder but the animal noises start to grind me after a while.
Last edited by Lazy Dyke on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Dunno about hate but Ask is pretty annoying sometimes..
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:15 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dunno about hate but Ask is pretty annoying sometimes..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Noooo! Everybody dislikes Ask or finds it annoying and it's one of my favourite Smiths songs. :(
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm

_Stranger_ wrote:Golden Lights.. It just doesn't seem like a Smiths song at all!

I hate it too! It's a cover of a 60's pop star Twinkle's song, that's why it doesn't seem like a Smiths tune. Haven't heard the original, though.

_Stranger_ wrote:<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dunno about hate but Ask is pretty annoying sometimes..

Noooo! Everybody dislikes Ask or finds it annoying and it's one of my favourite Smiths songs. :(
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awww....sorry. :P
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm

I knew it was a cover.. it just seems so odd. It kind of spoils Louder Than Bombs for me and I'm not that impressed with Oscillate Wildly either.. those two tracks are a bit of a throw off for me.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Sorry, I guess every Smiths fan knows it.. Hmm, I quite like Oscillate Wildly. I'm not crazy about it but it's not bad.
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Mozzerella wrote:<!--quoteo(post=23091:date=Apr 7 2006, 03:43 PM:name=_Stranger_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_Stranger_ @ Apr 7 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]23091[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Golden Lights.. It just doesn't seem like a Smiths song at all!

I hate it too! It's a cover of a 60's pop star Twinkle's song, that's why it doesn't seem like a Smiths tune. Haven't heard the original, though.
I'll stick the original on Gmail, if it's not there already. It is, of course, far better than the Smiths version.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:05 pm

_Stranger_ wrote:<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dunno about hate but Ask is pretty annoying sometimes..

I like Ask actually, I find it fun and uplifting. And it's my mother's favourite Smiths' song. :P
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:31 pm

I ADORE ASK
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:02 am

i don't honestly skip any smiths songs, but if i had to mention tracks that i don't listen to often they'd be the instrumentals (i.e. money changes everything).
<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby HandsomeDevil » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:02 am

Oscillate Wildly is brilliant.
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Lazy Dyke » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:58 am

rubygirl wrote:
I like Ask actually, I find it fun and uplifting. And it's my mother's favourite Smiths' song. :P

*Gives you a cookie*

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> I ADORE ASK<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*Gives you a cookie as well*
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths