Smiths references

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Lazy Dyke » Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm perhaps the only person who has used and still uses "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" in common conversation :lol: It's become a joke somewhat between me and my friends and I've used "Still Ill" before as well, I seem to be ill quite a lot, so it's amusing.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby MDbum » Fri May 05, 2006 7:16 am

_Stranger_ wrote:I'm perhaps the only person who has used and still uses "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" in common conversation :lol: It's become a joke somewhat between me and my friends and I've used "Still Ill" before as well, I seem to be ill quite a lot, so it's amusing.

Hahahaha! That would be a great conversation starter on a date. "What Difference Does it Make?", as mentioned earlier, can find it's way easiest into conversations.

Recently, eating dinner with a couple of roomates and other people i didn't know, one girl in partiuclar stood out as very obnoxious. She was a freshman and from New York. Everything she said was "oh my god, this food is so bad, in new york, pizza is made right....blah blah". She wreaked of arrogance. So i had enough, and began a playful ranting diatribe against her and her state of New York. I topped it off with, "Oh did i tell you by the way, i never did like your face!".

I knew within the context it was inappropriate and knew the others would not understand, but i thought i'd amuse myself, for the conversation that night was already dreadful (other than her New York grandstand, the discussion of the night was ridiculously overdramatic relationships and problems my friends were having). And my god was I right, one girl exclaimed after my comment "that was not funny at all". :P
MDbum

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Sat May 06, 2006 7:27 am

I do that alll the time, drives my brother insane!

My most used is, using yesterday's example, "This job is mine- it owes me a living!"

I also break into Smiths songs randomly... especially Rusholme Ruffians & Stretch Out and Wait as they're my ring and message tones respectively

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Sat May 06, 2006 4:01 pm

MDbum wrote:
Recently, eating dinner with a couple of roomates and other people i didn't know, one girl in partiuclar stood out as very obnoxious. She was a freshman and from New York. Everything she said was "oh my god, this food is so bad, in new york, pizza is made right....blah blah". She wreaked of arrogance. So i had enough, and began a playful ranting diatribe against her and her state of New York. I topped it off with, "Oh did i tell you by the way, i never did like your face!".

I knew within the context it was inappropriate and knew the others would not understand, but i thought i'd amuse myself, for the conversation that night was already dreadful (other than her New York grandstand, the discussion of the night was ridiculously overdramatic relationships and problems my friends were having). And my god was I right, one girl exclaimed after my comment "that was not funny at all". :P

:)
They must have been really shocked, not knowing what you're refering to...tooo bad so few people are familiar with the Smiths' lyrics, it is so amuzing when the other person gets it. :rolleyes:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My most used is, using yesterday's example, "This job is mine- it owes me a living!"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
:) Great!!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Sun May 07, 2006 4:43 am

'You know so much about these things'

'I know my luck to well'

'I won't say no, how could I?"

'You're a clever swine'

and I swear the other day someone asked me, "Would you miss me if I were struck down and killed by a bus?" to which my reply was "Such a heavenly way to die."

I got a funny look. :blink: :P
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sun May 07, 2006 1:01 pm

MDbum wrote:I topped it off with, "Oh did i tell you by the way, i never did like your face!".

heheh...nice one.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Mon May 08, 2006 7:50 pm

well, we nearly got run over by a double-decker bus in manchester on saturday. no ten-ton truck but there was also a single-decker bus and 2 trams, which probably weigh ten tons altogether, so guess thats close enough!
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon May 08, 2006 8:18 pm

helmoz wrote:well, we nearly got run over by a double-decker bus in manchester on saturday. no ten-ton truck but there was also a single-decker bus and 2 trams, which probably weigh ten tons altogether, so guess thats close enough!

"And if a ten-ton tram....."

I think that would've been better, actually. :D
elko
Site Admin

Postby HandsomeDevil » Wed May 10, 2006 11:25 pm

I find myself half jokingly asking female friends if they would 'like to marry me and if they like they can buy the ring' quite often
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Wed May 10, 2006 11:49 pm

HandsomeDevil wrote:I find myself half jokingly asking female friends if they would 'like to marry me and if they like they can buy the ring' quite often

Sounds hilarious :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to The Smiths