Would you like it if...

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:52 pm

I am damn proud that the Smiths didn't accept the 5 million that Coachella was offering-- nto that it wouldn't have been cool, but that "it's not about the money, it never was". I don't blame Coachella for trying though, if that didn't sell tickets- I don't know what would!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby sonandheir » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm

"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian." - Moz

"It has been 18 years since it ended; I don't know them, they don't know me, they know nothing about me, I know nothing about them. Anything I know about them is unpleasant, so why on earth do we want to be on stage together making music?" - Moz

(From the upcoming "Uncut" magazine)
Last edited by sonandheir on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:blue'>"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi</span>
sonandheir
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:35 pm

sonandheir wrote:"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian." - Moz

"It has been 18 years since it ended; I don't know them, they don't know me, they know nothing about me, I know nothing about them. Anything I know about them is unpleasant, so why on earth do we want to be on stage together making music?" - Moz

(From the upcoming "Uncut" magazine)

These quotes are appalling, not funny at all :huh: I really hate to read such terrible things about a band I so love, I mean I don't expect them to go back in time and make amends or anything, it's their absolute right not to want to reform but why such nagativism, can't there be some respect.
I mean this band has meant so much for me for so long that I hate anything about it to be associated with derogative words. It's probably deeply stupid to say it, but it hurts me to read such things. :ph34r:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:05 pm

I would like a reunion (maybe just Moz and Marr, as realistically Mike Joyce will never be involved with anything Morrissey-related again) but realistically I accepted that it will never happen. But I'd love to see it happen ; if Morrissey and Marr would re-unite they can easily adopt the Smiths moniker as they were the creative forces. I wouldn't mind another drummer being involved than Joyce.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to The Smiths