Smiths b-sides not on hatful or louder than bombs

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby convergence » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:58 pm

I've not heard any of these songs. Can someone list them and...possibly upload all of them in a .rar file or something? I'd be forever greatful, thanks :)
convergence
Advanced

Postby elko » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:20 am

Okay, these are all the ones I can think of, and what they're the b-side to. You should find most of them on the GMail account.

Pretty Girls Make Graves, Troy Tate version (I Started Something...)
Jeane (This Charming Man)
Wonderful Woman (This Charming Man)
William, It Was Really Nothing, John Peel version (Last Night I Dreamt...)
Nowhere Fast, John Peel version (Last Night I Dreamt)
Rusholme Ruffians, John Peel version (Last Night I Dreamt)
What's The World (I Started Something I Couldn't Finish)
The Draize Train (Panic)
I Keep Mine Hidden (Girlfriend In A Coma)
Work Is A Four Letter Word (Girlfriend In A Coma)

Oh, and Money Changes Everything, which is on The World Won't Listen, but not Louder Than Bombs.
Last edited by elko on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby convergence » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 am

thanks! i've downloaded all of them from the gmail account except for work is a four letter word, which isn't up there. Care to upload it?
convergence
Advanced

Postby Domestique » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:27 pm

It's on the Gmail account now :)

A couple of others that Elko didn't mention; there's a superb live version of Handsome Devil on the B-side of Hand In Glove. And the version of Accept Yourself on the 12 inch of This Charming Man is a studio version, a little different to the Peel take on Hatful Of Hollow.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby convergence » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:42 am

Domestique wrote:It's on the Gmail account now :)

A couple of others that Elko didn't mention; there's a superb live version of Handsome Devil on the B-side of Hand In Glove. And the version of Accept Yourself on the 12 inch of This Charming Man is a studio version, a little different to the Peel take on Hatful Of Hollow.

mind uploading those as well? :unsure:
convergence
Advanced

Postby Domestique » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 pm

convergence wrote:<!--quoteo(post=23435:date=Apr 10 2006, 07:27 PM:name=Domestique)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Domestique @ Apr 10 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]23435[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Consider it done :)
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby convergence » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:00 am

Domestique wrote:<!--quoteo(post=23518:date=Apr 11 2006, 02:42 AM:name=convergence)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(convergence @ Apr 11 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]23518[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=23435:date=Apr 10 2006, 07:27 PM:name=Domestique)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Domestique @ Apr 10 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]23435[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Consider it done :)
thanks! :D
convergence
Advanced

Return to The Smiths