Smiths Indeed

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu May 25, 2006 9:17 am

re Arthur/Albert Finney, nope I didn't remember the character he played in SN&SM, damn my memory, mind it's been a while since I've seen that film, we ought to campaign to the bbc to repeat more!

You can't be the only person with time on their hands over summer, so get a cyber-collective together & thrash out some ideas for a new Smiths fanzine, I know it might be difficult to come up with much new though if you stick soley to The Smiths eh? But obviously there's scope for a where-are-they-now? section eh?
We've got some talent in here you know, seek & ye shall find, shame that the tour is finishing off over here soon, what a selling opportunity gone begging, but on the other hand it'll be a couple of years before the next Moz tour so plenty of time to get something up for then, maybe.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Thu May 25, 2006 1:11 pm

I quite like the idea of doing it the old fashioned way, y'know people type out their piece, put it in an envelope, stick and stamp on it, post it to me. Then I just get some glue and a pair of scissors.....

Does anyone have a type writer? I think these things need to be of their time really, collating information would be so difficult when one, it's been done so many times and two, where would you start?

I was thinking of a retrospective because that way people my age getting in to the smiths can talk about their relevance and importance today and put it in to some sort of context, the one thing that a current fanzine cannot do.
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Previous

Return to The Smiths