LIVE!!!

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Bobby » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:43 pm

Well next months sees the release of a NEW Morrissey DVD 'Who Put The M In Manchester?' and a new Live CD, the tracklisting for both are-

DVD:-

1. First Of The Gang To Die
2. Hairdresser On Fire
3. Irish Blood, English Heart
4. The Headmaster Ritual
5. Everyday Is Like Sunday
6. I Have Forgiven Jesus
7. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
8. How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
9. Rubber Ring
10. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
11. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
12. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
13. Let Me Kiss You
14. No One Can Hold A Candle To You
15. Jack The Ripper
16. A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours
17. I'm Not Sorry
18. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
19. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

CD:-

1. HOW SOON IS NOW
2. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE
3. NOVERMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER
4. DON'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'S VOICE
5. BIG MOUTH STRIKES AGAIN
6. I LIKE YOU
7. REDONDO BEACH
8. LET ME KISS YOU
9. MUNICH AIR DISASTER
10. THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT
11. THE MORE YOU IGNORE ME THE CLOSER I GET
12. FRIDAY MORNING
13. I HAVE FORGIVEN JESUS
14. THE WORLD IS FULL OF CRASHING BORES
15. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE
16. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
17. YOU KNOW IT COULDN'T LAST
18. LAST NIGHT I DREAM SOMEBODY LOVED ME

Both are released on the 4th of April!!!!!!!

HOW SOON IS NOW LIVE <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:blue'>"Leave me alone because I'm alright, dad just surprised to still be on my own...."</span>

Bobby
Advanced

Postby girl_afraid » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:01 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bobby+Mar 19 2005, 09:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobby @ Mar 19 2005, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> HOW SOON IS NOW LIVE <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I KNOW!!!!! When you hear that intro with all the feedback rippling across... God, it's absolutely amazing, it makes you shiver. I almost had a heart attack right there and then, even though I knew it was coming. I can't wait for the live releases, I can relive the experience in my own living room/bedroom. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:25 am

That's right GA, didn't you see him (I can't remember which show)? I'm surprising my neighbor's daughter with a ticket to see the movie screening for her 16th birthday (which is in a couple of days). I'm also going to burn her a CD of the tracks so she can get better acquainted with the music before the screening. And she's also getting an ipod as a surprise from her folks, to boot! It's really all over for her now. Music will start to take over, and her studies will fall by the wayside. (She's actually a top student.) I'm going to be so excited for her, though.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 20 2005, 02:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 20 2005, 02:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That's right GA, didn't you see him (I can't remember which show)? I'm surprising my neighbor's daughter with a ticket to see the movie screening for her 16th birthday (which is in a couple of days). I'm also going to burn her a CD of the tracks so she can get better acquainted with the music before the screening. And she's also getting an ipod as a surprise from her folks, to boot! It's really all over for her now. Music will start to take over, and her studies will fall by the wayside. (She's actually a top student.) I'm going to be so excited for her, though. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I did, I was at the one on the CD, the Earl's Court show. Haha, I'll have to try and pick out my own puny screaming in amongst the crowds.

They're showing the DVD in cinemas??? God, that's so cool, I wish England did stuff like that, it's a really good present idea, and making her a CD is really thoughtful too. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I KNOW!!!!! When you hear that intro with all the feedback rippling across... God, it's absolutely amazing, it makes you shiver. I almost had a heart attack right there and then, even though I knew it was coming. I can't wait for the live releases, I can relive the experience in my own living room/bedroom.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am so glad that you guys had the same reaction I sobbed when it went into that song I was so overwhelmed and that was the first song he played when I went to see him I didn't think that I'd last the night if it continued... my heart was throbbing one of the best experiences of my sad life...

my mate who I went with was not realy feeling it and noone else about looked as moved, so I felt freaky to have such a reaction, I will buy it for that alone I think!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:40 pm

You can now listen to the entire tracks from the DVD and CD on apple.com. Just saw the video 'There is a Light...' from Earl's Court from the DVD. Wow. Just seeing that massive crowd gave me the chills.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:10 am

You can see a clip of it here:- <a href='http://www.video-c.co.uk/showvids.asp?featureid=votw' target='_blank'>http://www.video-c.co.uk/showvids.asp?featureid=votw</a>
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:44 pm

Saw the screening of the new DVD last night. It was pretty cool, not having to stand, you could sit back and relax and watch the entire concert comfortably with no noise from the crowd whatsoever. Everyone was transfixed and focused on watching the 'show'. A few people had to sing/perform like Morrissey to the DJ from the sponsored radio station in order to win a DVD. Me, I opted to buy it on-line today instead! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> Boy does Morrissey have a beautiful voice. It was a spectacular show.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon May 23, 2005 6:55 pm

aaaaw yes the dvd brought tears to my eyes! reminded me of seeing him in bmighman on the quarry tour! and how sweet are all the people at the end?! i love them all!!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Tue May 24, 2005 6:17 pm

i hope to get that DVD one day i got the CD thought, tis amazing i love the more heavy shopelifters btw.

i taped a shortened version of it on TV and taped it tehe remember elko when i told you it was on?
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby elko » Tue May 24, 2005 6:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sweet and Tender Hooligan+May 24 2005, 07:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sweet and Tender Hooligan @ May 24 2005, 07:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i hope to get that DVD one day i got the CD thought, tis amazing i love the more heavy shopelifters btw.

i taped a shortened version of it on TV and taped it tehe remember elko when i told you it was on? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
How could I forget? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Thu May 26, 2005 8:47 pm

that was great gd highlights of the show i felt
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby Mrs Shankly » Fri May 27, 2005 11:11 am

'How Soon Is Now?' really does have a hypnotic quality about it, and I totally agree with everyone who's said how emotional it was when Morrissey opened his tour shows with it.

I did kind of feel like I was the only one getting so worked up about seeing Moz though... Distinctly no other people crying to 'There Is A Light'... what's going on??!
And if you have five seconds to spare, then I'll tell you the story of my life
Mrs Shankly

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:39 am

WHO PUT THE "M" IN MANCHESTER is a masterpiece, in my opinion, it is one of the best live dvd`s ever realised.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:47 am

I'm in it, well just a tad, I've stuck a pic in of me (I'm the good looking bloke in the middle btw with the 'quiet' shirt) taken at Salford Lads club & the two little pics inset are actual screen captures off the dvd, woo! Linda Sterling was at the SLC that day (it was the 21st May 2004) & she had a camera crew with her.

love

Grim

in the questions section on The Smiths side I've posted more pics from this day.
Last edited by Grim O'Grady on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Morrissey