Ringleader Of The Tormentors

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Heart and Soul » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:15 am

After a few more listens it's been growing on me. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> Not my fav. solo album but still pretty good. I love "Life is a Pigsty" and "Dear God Please Help Me"
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby Lazy Dyke » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:57 am

You illegal little sods! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> I don't know where to get it, and I don't know I'd like to own it... however my purse probably won't allow me to for a good while yet.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby HadjiQuest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:02 pm

I preordered it again so I could hear the stream. Now to figure out which preorder I can cancel....

I like it much more than the last few albums.
Last edited by HadjiQuest on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby clarky » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm

only heard it twice, tis some nice stuff, dont think i would rate it over you are the quarry but i do believe it is a grower, i will come back and give a proper opinion later
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespear's_Brother » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Listening to it right now for the first time and I'm loving it.

"I Will See You In Far Off Places" is a bold choice for a lead off track. Completely different to anything on YATQ.

In fact most of the album feels different to the last one, while retaining that unique Mozza sound. Which is a good thing IMO.

A lot more guitars than the last one, a good bit heavier in places. <!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo-->

To think he's still producing albums of this quality almost a quarter of a century since he first burst on the scene is incredible.

Let's see Coldplay doing this after nearly 25 years. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Shakespear's_Brother
Regular

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Shakespear's_Brother+Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespear's_Brother @ Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Let's see Coldplay doing this after nearly 25 years. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Quite frankly I don't want to think about Coldplay making one more album, nor do AI want them to live for another matter. Morrissey rules! Chris Martin's balls are tightened so much he sings like a dickhead, and he called his kid Apple, the fruitbowl!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Shakespear's_Brother+Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespear's_Brother @ Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Let's see Coldplay doing this after nearly 25 years.  <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Quite frankly I don't want to think about Coldplay making one more album, nor do AI want them to live for another matter. Morrissey rules! Chris Martin's balls are tightened so much he sings like a dickhead, and he called his kid Apple, the fruitbowl!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Aren't they calling the new baby Gooseberry? Or is it Satsuma?

Matt, I thought you'd have been on the football thread by now; weren't you watching it? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby rEEdy^^ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:25 pm

im just downloading the album now
rEEdy^^
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Mar 8 2006, 11:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Mar 8 2006, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Shakespear's_Brother+Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespear's_Brother @ Mar 8 2006, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Let's see Coldplay doing this after nearly 25 years.  <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Quite frankly I don't want to think about Coldplay making one more album, nor do AI want them to live for another matter. Morrissey rules! Chris Martin's balls are tightened so much he sings like a dickhead, and he called his kid Apple, the fruitbowl!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Aren't they calling the new baby Gooseberry? Or is it Satsuma?

Matt, I thought you'd have been on the football thread by now; weren't you watching it? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't want to comment on how shit the game was!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Heart and Soul » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:51 am

This album is definitely a grower. "Dear God Please Help Me" and "Life is a Pigsty" are now some of my fav. Moz songs.
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:23 pm

i cant believe you people! i am gonna wait untill the actual album comes out untill i hear the other songs! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

when is it out anyway 2nd april or something?
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby elko » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:48 pm

Reviews in Q and UNCUT this month. 'Lukewarm' just about somes it up.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Bref » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:51 pm

I hate Q magazine
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:55 pm

Quite a positive review in Mojo, although they were granted a major interview, sooooooo...

As for Q. I wouldn't wrap fish and chips in it. I'd like to be a lot more graphic but this is a family forum...
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:00 pm

To be honest I don't think much of any of the UK music magazines. There's better music news, reviews and articles online. But I would agree with their shared opinion that it's a quite good album, but hard to get too worked up about.
Last edited by elko on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Morrissey