[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Tool + A Perfect Circle

Tool + A Perfect Circle

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 am

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:03 am

You should order Mer de Noms. It's one of the best albums in my entire collection. The Hollow, Three Libras, Brena, Orestes, Magdalena: all top class songs, with a very nice ethereal sound. And as I said, the lyrics are very well thought of as well, having a true meaning (or in case of Brena: the best lovesong I ever heard)

eMOTIVe was a bit of a trick to get the third record done they promised, so that they were off their record deal. Still, it contained a few excellent songs, and Passive is as good as any other APC song from the first two albums. Still, despite the good intentions of eMOTIVe, if they reunite (fingers crossed) I'd rather have the Mer de Noms era with Troy and Paz, although I doubt if it's realistic.

By the way, Eulogy has a very hypnotising intro... That intro alone is incredible (though religious believers better not listen to the lyrics...)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 am

Did they split? Woah I am so naieve lol
I have a live version of Eulogy lying around somewhere, sounds good but i can't work out the lyrics.

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: Tool + A Perfect Circle

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Any opinions on Maynard's Puscifer side project?

To be honest, as much as I adore his work with APC and Tool, I am a bit disappointed. Puscifer sounds a bit chaotic, and the lyrics are a bit silly. It is like Maynard never took it any serious himself. He sings about subjects similar to what he did before, but while with APC and Tool he did it with beauty and poetic lyrics, with Puscifer it's like he tries to make it a bit silly. Also, an album title "V is for Vagina" sounds like a cheap sales trick.

If he enjoyed it, good for him, but this is not the sort of Maynard I enjoy a lot. If he wanted a short break from Tool, I'd much rather have him doing a short APC reunion instead of more Puscifer.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat