Last.fm

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Feb 27 2006, 08:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Feb 27 2006, 08:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Feb 25 2006, 11:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Feb 25 2006, 11:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And now I added you too, strange how I've missed to do that before, Alex.  <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Me too, but I've also added you. I'm ezears. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have eight friends now <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Alex+Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"ERROR: You need to be in the group to revolt"

I can't vote, I'm not in this group <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, that happened me as well. I even joined the group but it turned out you needed to be a member for 2 weeks to be allowed vote. And poor Elko lost, despite the best efforts of some people to interfere with the democratic process <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:47 pm

Well, looks like there might be a revolt down the road. It's a bit premature to judge, but let's see how this new leader works out.

If anyone's not yet joined, look up 'The Smiths' and join!

My first post since the site's been back up. Relief! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 4 2006, 09:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 4 2006, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well, looks like there might be a revolt down the road. It's a bit premature to judge, but let's see how this new leader works out.

If anyone's not yet joined, look up 'The Smiths' and join!

My first post since the site's been back up. Relief!  <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My first post since god knows when!

Anyway, what's going on in that forum? After only 3 or 4 days people are talking revolution again; it's like some sort of Banana Republic! Still, at least next time I'll be able to vote <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

On second thoughts, a coup sounds like much more fun <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:32 pm

Nice to have you back <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

To be honest I don't think that group takes much upkeep. So long as he uploads a picture, his job's pretty much secure.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Oh, he's done that; a nice one from '83. God, I forgot they ever looked so young <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:54 pm

The formula by which they calculate you neighbours there continues to perplex me... :unsure: So, right now the match between me and my top neighbour equals to 4,6 % - [what is 4,6, it's a really insignificantly small a number...I wouldn't call it exactly a match even, and I've seen people have 23 or 27 or even 33 % match with their neighbours, I don't quite get it. :blink:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Ruby, if it's any help at all those numbers aren't actually percentages. Not that I have any idea how they calculate it, but they have changed the method. I gave up trying to work it out - life is way too short :blink:
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Well, I suspected they must not be %... but still there is a massive difference between 4,6 and 23/29 etc.
But you're right, life's too short, just that I have the tendency to pay too much attention to things, I suppose. :)
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm

rubygirl wrote:Well, I suspected they must not be %... but still there is a massive difference between 4,6 and 23/29 etc.
But you're right, life's too short, just that I have the tendency to pay too much attention to things, I suppose. :)

I think they're using a totally new calculation system, which is probably why the figures are wildly different. It's not a case of comparing like with like.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:08 am

Hah, Riitta's been making quite a case for herself on the help forums (regarding these neighbor calculations). Good for you Mozaic! I've been all over AS lately. And getting better at updating my ipod on there as well.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Well, it was totally annoying when all my old neighbours disappeared all of a sudden. I just had to tell 'em (with subscriber's authority) that I didn't quite like their new calculating method. :D (Or maybe I just like to complain..)
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:31 pm

So what's been going on? I'm kinda lost...
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Well, we're just discussing how their 'system' of calculating neighbours suddenly drastically changed - and we ended up with completely new neighbours, nothing left to remind of the previous ones, at least in my case. And I was pleased with my neighbours, we really had plenty in common, I got in contact with some of them...Now I have neighbours who listen to techno, britney... :o
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:47 pm

rubygirl wrote:Well, we're just discussing how their 'system' of calculating neighbours suddenly drastically changed - and we ended up with completely new neighbours, nothing left to remind of the previous ones, at least in my case. And I was pleased with my neighbours, we really had plenty in common, I got in contact with some of them...Now I have neighbours who listen to techno, britney... :o

Britney! :blink: You seem to like the music taste of your top neighbour, though. I was lucky enough to get most of my old top neighbours back.

I might add that it's worth to complain sometimes. :D
Last edited by Mozzerella on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat