[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Mixtape Swap

Mixtape Swap

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:48 am

Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 am

Stefi sent me one of the best CDs ever- I even followed her directions of turning it up and dancing-- for all 27 tracks! :-P

Track Listing:
Toby, Take a Bow- Casiotone for the Painfully Alone (WOW!)
Stay Golden- Au Revior Simone (HA! Great band name! Pee Wee's Big Adventure...anyone??)
Oh Anna- The Microphones
Mr. You're on Fire- Liars
Evil- Misty's Big Adventure
The Painter- I'm From Barcelona
Hey Lover- The Aisler Set
Your Honor- Regina Spektor
Girl Anachronism- Dresden Dolls (I had heard so much about them but I had NO IDEA they were so good!!)
(Can't quite read this bit)- Bearsuit
Sunshine On My Window- The Raincoats (Excellent cover- great choice!)
Punch Buggy Values- Deerhoof
Lift Me Up- Saturday Looks Good To Me
I Heard It Through the Grapevine- The Slits (Also a great cover!)
Bucky Done Gun- M.I.A. (We started a dance party at work last summer to this song! Aww!!)
Heartbeats- The Knife
Missile- Blonde Redhead
Monster Hospital- Metric
Prayer to G-d- Shellac (HA!! THIS IS SO FUNNY!!! :lol: :lol: )
How We Know- The Thermals (My Bro-In-Law was OBSESSED with this song a while ago- I'm glad to have it)
Swamp Thing- Schwervon!
Video Game Heart- All Girls Summer Fun Band
Shitty Weekend- Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
Silver Lining- Beulah (I have a relative with that name :) -- she has a twin named Eulah)
To Hell With Good Intentions- McLusky
Where There's A Will Theres A Whalebone- Islands
Postcards From Italy- Beirut

This CD was SO well constructed- I am SO happy to have gotten this collection of music to add to my own bizarre ranks.

EDIT: Somebody else is organizing the next CD swap-- its not that hard! :)
Last edited by Pashernate_Lover on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

:D :D :D Yey im glad you liked it! the Bearsuit one is called ChargR, sorry for my appauling writing :P
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 pm

I was walking around campus today getting papers signed and whatnot- I had my TCG Mix CD playing and everybody that I had to take the headphones off to talk to said what are you listening to??? -- hehe, it was awesome :D :D :D
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 pm

:D :D thats fab! i love playing music loud so people comment on it and i can talk excitedly about whatever it is!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:01 am

Anybody interested in a Valentines Day mixtape swap? I'll organize it again if anybody is interested :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Me! :)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 pm

A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:13 pm

elko
Site Admin

Postby yandee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Me too!

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Re:

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:11 am

A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Re: Mixtape Swap

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:20 am

Hm, soooo... Elks, Tru, Yandee and Pash in an epicly large mixtape swap-- whoo hoo! Okay, so I have already swapped with Tru before, so I guess Tru <=> Elko, Yandee <=> Pashy? Everyone cool with that?
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:16 pm

That sounds good to me.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 pm

When are we supposed to send the mixes?

EDIT: and where's Yandee?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I guess we'll give yandee a little email to see how he's doing. I suppose if we want the mixes to be recieved around the 14th then we should really get going...
elko
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat