Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm
by Shorty
Hey, I'm new to the forum, and well new to Morrissey and the Smiths as well, I've been into Moz since I first heard him 3 months ago on a music video show, I bought his best of and thought it was great. So I bought a few more of his albums and eventually a couple of the Smiths' albums. I still haven't got them all, but well I'ma teenager without money now that the summer is over, I will get them all eventually. I also saw Moz live on the 22nd of August in Marlay Park, great support acts and an amazing headliner.

Well a little about me, I'm 16, I'm a guy, and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Currently in my last year of Secondary School. Other bands I like include, U2, The Boomtown Rats, Gary Moore, Aslan, Thin Lizzy, and The Verve, to name but a few.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:49 pm
by elko
Welcome! Hope you like it....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:30 pm
by rubygirl
Hello there! :P
New to the forum & new to The Smiths and Morrissey...oh, you've got so much to discover, so much to delight in... :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 pm
by Still Ill
Welcome Shorty! Hope you enjoy it here :)

Seems a great time to become a Morrissey/Smiths fan, with Morrissey releasing albums in the last couple of years after a dry spell, and with Marr stirring up some headlines recently with Modest Mouse :o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:14 am
by Cracked Pleasures
Shorty wrote:Hey, I'm new to the forum, and well new to Morrissey and the Smiths as well, I've been into Moz since I first heard him 3 months ago on a music video show, I bought his best of and thought it was great. So I bought a few more of his albums and eventually a couple of the Smiths' albums. I still haven't got them all, but well I'ma teenager without money now that the summer is over, I will get them all eventually. I also saw Moz live on the 22nd of August in Marlay Park, great support acts and an amazing headliner.

Well a little about me, I'm 16, I'm a guy, and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Currently in my last year of Secondary School. Other bands I like include, U2, The Boomtown Rats, Gary Moore, Aslan, Thin Lizzy, and The Verve, to name but a few.


and the Green Island presence on the boards is growing and growing B) We have a few other Dubs on here. I am based in Belfast myself, not too far away from you neither :)

Aslan eh? They seem to be huge in the Republic of Ireland, everytime I visit Dublin I see lot of Aslan records in the stores (and apparently as for what I'm told they sell out shows all across the country on constant basis?) which is a whole difference with us in the North. In Northern Ireland you'll find some albums but not ever present, and they rarely perform here (although they did finally cross the border again after months and months -- they played Belfast Feile last month)

By the way, do you support any Eircom League team? When I lived in Dublin (lived there for a year before moving north) I attended lot of Shelbourne games, whereas the new Shamrock Rovers ground (the unfinished one in Tallaght) was around the corner of my flat...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
by Grim O'Grady
if only you had have ventured here a month a go Shorty, CP & I met up for the Marlay park gig & Bref went along too, so who knows you might have been alongside one of us?
Enjoy the boards

love

Grim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:36 am
by chicken
welcome aboard, shorty.
(secretly i enjoy it when people have a non-smiths tag)

at this rate, we'll all be speaking <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_language" target="_blank">Gaeilge</a>. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm
by Bref
Hey shorty, what part of Dublin are you from?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm
by Shorty
Cracked Pleasures wrote:
Aslan eh? They seem to be huge in the Republic of Ireland, everytime I visit Dublin I see lot of Aslan records in the stores (and apparently as for what I'm told they sell out shows all across the country on constant basis?) which is a whole difference with us in the North. In Northern Ireland you'll find some albums but not ever present, and they rarely perform here (although they did finally cross the border again after months and months -- they played Belfast Feile last month)

By the way, do you support any Eircom League team? When I lived in Dublin (lived there for a year before moving north) I attended lot of Shelbourne games, whereas the new Shamrock Rovers ground (the unfinished one in Tallaght) was around the corner of my flat...


Yeah they are pretty big here, I've seen them live twice, once in the Point and once in Vicar Street both great concerts. Yeah and all there records except one are widely available, it took me forever to get the except one, one

Not a big fan of the Eircom league, though I have been to see Shels a couple of times, and I saw Bray in a friendly against Newcastle Utd.(my favourite team)


Grim O'Grady wrote:if only you had have ventured here a month a go Shorty, CP & I met up for the Marlay park gig & Bref went along too, so who knows you might have been alongside one of us?
Enjoy the boards

love

Grim


you were the guy who jumped the barricade weren't you? the guy next to me was the really angry guy who started calling the Security b*stards, c*nts etc., maybe you might of noticed him
Bref wrote:Hey shorty, what part of Dublin are you from?


I'm from the D4 area

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:22 pm
by Grim O'Grady
hi Shorty,
no that was Shuggy who tried to get to Moz, he was part of our group though. Mr Angry is Gripper off moz-solo boards. I took a more laid back much further back stance tbh.

love

Grim