Hi to everybody from new member

Postby bernie brown » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:31 am

Hi to all from Australia. I am really looking forward to having a lot of fun on this site with fellow Smiths fans. I missed The Smiths the first time round when my little sis was playing them and I was into Neil Young. So its only been the last 2 yrs that i've really discovered them as a mature age fan!!! it's all still new stuff for me really , and i am just loving enjoying this band and so many of their songs. What a band ! Here are my favourite songs at the mo : Still Ill (the version from Hatful of Hollow) what a rocker !!! Half A Person - (the first time i heard this was last May looking out at the rain. It got me then it still gets me everytime !) Also love "William", "Boy with the Thorn' and Please please Please'. My favourite album would be "Louder than Bombs", closely followed by "Strangeways" and "The Queen is Dead". But I reckon the first album is pretty good too. To all of you who will get to see Moz live soon, lucky you!! My favourite solo Moz is "Vauxhall"and I really love "Find out for yourself". My dream is that The Smiths release some complete live concerts for us. Any chance ? I would love to hear that stuff. I would also like to say well done to Simon Goddard for his great book "Songs that saved your life". My only complaint is it is too short.
Is that enough for openers ?
Bye for now,
Bernie
the only Smiths fan in the village
bernie brown
Advanced

Postby rubygirl » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:52 am

Hi to you, Bernie, from Bulgaria! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'd say, it's great that you've found the bunch of Smiths nuts that is us here, I bet you have a lot more to comment on The Smiths and everything...so, don't shy away from posting - and enjoy your ride on here <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:10 pm

Hiya pal, welcome to the forum!
elko
Site Admin

Postby rEEdy^^ » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Welcome <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
rEEdy^^
Supreme

Return to Introduction Forum