[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Boxset

Boxset

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby elko » Wed May 17, 2006 10:06 pm

Worth it though to get the band's music back in the spotlight?

After all, you don't have to buy it (even though I probably would).
elko
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu May 18, 2006 12:35 am

I am a poor college student, I do one cool thing every 3 months... generally means a movie. I wouldn't buy it, but I would hit up CD stores for the posters of it once they take them down :-P
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby convergence » Thu May 18, 2006 4:04 pm

convergence
Advanced

Postby Hidden by Rags » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:39 pm

Still no more news about this, then - the last I heard, it had been pushed back until 2007.

It should be an interesting set, anyway. Apparently it's 6 discs, which makes me think all four studio albums will be on there. The big draw would be if they digitally remastered the entire collection, with Marr overseeing it this time - I thought the sound quality of the "Very Best Of" release was excellent, but Marr thinks it could be better, so let him have a go. It sounds like the band are actually involved with this release.

The studio albums could have various related b-sides as "bonus tracks" - for example, The Queen is Dead would include as bonus tracks the single version of "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side", as well as "Rubber Ring", "Asleep", "Money Changes Everything" and "Unloveable". That would leave disc 5 for all the non-album-related singles and b-sides, an a sixth disc for rarities - different versions, live tracks, unreleased demos, etc.

I'd definitely buy that.
Hidden by Rags
Regular

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 pm

Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Looks like that boxset may see the light of day now that Johnny and Morrissey have given its blessing.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:41 pm

Last edited by Truman Capote on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to The Smiths